Do you want to change the world? Do you want to be a part of a company that enables direct citizen engagement in important community decisions? Do you want to advance participatory democracy in a friendly, inclusive, decentralized work environment?
We are looking for an experienced Wordpress developer with design skills to support the maintenance and improvement of our Wordpress marketing websites (ethelo.com and ethelo.org).
Ethelo is a social enterprise dedicated to better group decision-making and democracy. We provide a participatory democracy platform used by local governments and other public agencies (in Canada and abroad) to engage citizens in important public decisions.
Ethelo is a mission-oriented, justice-seeking employer. In particular we are welcoming applications from people who can help us create a feminist, anti-racist, LGBTQ friendly workplace that empowers disabled people. This is a full time, remote position with flexible work hours in a distributed workplace with staff who work across 9 time zones.
The role of the Wordpress developer is to:
- Work with the guidance of the marketing lead to improve the interface and functionality of the Ethelo website
- Translate design concepts into interactive, multi-device web pages
- Implement front-end and back-end developments such as themes and security updates
- Integrate web pages into marketing platforms such as Hubspot
- Discuss requirements, prototype and document solutions
- Test developments and fix issues
The successful candidate will:
- Be an intermediate Wordpress developer, ideally with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have knowledge of Elementor or similar WYSIWYG tools
- Use an array of testing technologies
- Receive technical training and on-the-job training
- Be an excellent, consistent communicator who asks questions and is accountable
- Bonus: Experience with Asana, Slack and Hubspot is a plus
- Must be under age 30 in order to qualify for the Government of Canada's Digital Skills for Youth hiring grant.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident in Canada.
- Must be available for daily team video call each morning (PST).
- Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience.
- Deadline to apply is end of day on January 22nd.